Spring is here, and that means summer and enjoying the warm weather is right around the corner. Backyards are wonderful spaces for entertaining and cooking, for quiet meditation or simply a source of natural beauty. A well landscaped yard can also increase the resale value of a home.
In recent years, landscaping has become increasingly important. People are traveling less and spending more time at home whether for work or relaxation. Creating an oasis of calm and beauty in the backyard is something to consider if you plan on selling your home.
If you are not sure where to start with your landscaping project, consider the following factors:
- The look of your outdoor space should complement the architecture of your home.
- If the landscaping design appeals to the average person, it will be easier to sell your home; an obscure design may prevent a sale.
- The size and slope of a yard will influence landscaping designs.
- Consider a design that requires minimal maintenance; for example, opt for perennials that will come back year after year.
It’s also a good idea to spruce up your existing landscaping before listing your property as well; here are a few tips to get you started:
- Add large container plants near your garage door, or front door.
- Add a fresh layer of mulch to your garden beds.
- Prune any overgrown trees or shrubs.
- Tidy up any annuals or perennials that don’t look their best. If a plant is in really bad shape – remove it.
- Power-wash any dirty surfaces such as your patio, fence and siding.
Your home will only make one first impression and a well-maintained landscape will make your property more attractive to potential buyers.
Contact me I am one of just 3 Trusted Saskatoon REALTORS ®. I am looking forward to helping you sell or buy your home! I love what I do and I take great pride in providing excellence in customer service to all of my clients. I strive to find them the perfect new place to live while negotiating the best terms and price possible.