As an award winning Century 21 Fusion SASKATOON REAL Estate agent I know the city and surrounding area extremely well, and I take action to sell my client’s homes. I strive to find them the perfect new place to live while negotiating the best terms and price possible. I love what I do and I take great pride in providing excellence in customer service to all of my clients, I feel blessed to live in Saskatchewan and I am a TRUSTED SASKATOON REAL ESTATE Agent .
STAGING YOUR HOME FOR SUCCESS
One of the greatest struggles of selling your home is trying to enjoy the last few minutes before saying goodbye forever.
But what happens when it isn’t selling? Sometimes, it is because your home is still too “yours”. Your home has become of a reflection of who you are. Potential buyers need to be able to picture themselves living in your home, not you.
A good real Estate Agent will walk you through this process. It is difficult to listen to someone to tell you to remove things or box things before you are ready, but if you are serious about selling your home for the top price, here are some tips that I found at Style At Home Magazine that will help get that quick sale without compromising price point!
The point of all this is to emotionally detach: appeal to the buyer, not yourself
- Depersonalize: remove personal pieces
- Declutter: less clutter makes a space seem bigger
- Neutralize: the more neutral space is the wider the audience appeal
- Make Necessary Repairs: not necessarily a large renovation, but small neglected repairs can reflect upon a seller negatively when a buyer wonders about bigger issues being ignored.
- Maximize Curb Appeal: nothing beats a great first impression. Many buyers find the houses they want to look at by judging it from the outside, make sure yours stands out as well cared for.
- Pet Peeves: remove as much evidence of your pets as possible, you don’t want non-pet owners turned off by pet dander and mess.
- Clean: nothing is more appealing than a house that smells and looks spotless
- Up the decor quotient: by adding pieces that are neutral and add to the overall “look” to sell
- Romance the big day (open house): with little touches like flowers and a home that smells welcoming and clean can be the difference between an offer and a pass.
Marla Janzen from Century 21 Fusion, your Trusted Warman and Saskatoon real estate agent, I can help guide you through this process and sell your home quick. Contact me today